Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dupes for MAC, Urban Decay & Stila? Yes Please!

Hello all! So I recently ordered some eyeshadows from MakeupGeek at http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/  I got Cocoa Bear which is a pretty brownish color with red tones in it.  Creme Brûlée which is a super light brown. And Shimma Shimma which is a pretty silvery color with yep, you guessed it, SHIMMER! HA  They are all very pigmented colors and are beautiful.  I used Creme Brûlée and Cocoa Bear yesterday and couldn't believe how similar they were to some other more expensive eye shadows.  So, lets begin!

Left to Right
MAC's Brown Script & MUG's Cocoa Bear



How similar are these? The Cocoa Bear looks a little brighter but when you swatch them



Brown Script (on the left) actually looks a little brighter.  Not by much though. Cocoa Bear blends really well and looks amazing.  At $5.99 for the pan as opposed to $12.00 for the pan by MAC I'd say that's pretty damn good!  

MAC's Soft Brown & MUG's Creme Brûlée




Very similar again right? Creme Brûlée (right) looks a tiny bit more shimmery but still a great dupe for Soft Brown.  Check out the swatches below.



Lastly is MUG's Shimma Shimma.  It is a pretty silvery-champaign color.  This one I have found that it is a good dupe for 4 colors! That's right, 4! 

First is Shroom by MAC on the left.



Urban Deccay's Virgin on the left.



And surprisingly Urban Decay's Verve.  They don't look similar in the pans but when I swatched them they actually look very similar as well.  



Here are the swatches from them all.

Left to Right is:
UD-Verve, UD-Virgin, MAC-Shroom & MUG-Shimma




Now time for the finale.

Stila's Kitten & MUG's Shimma Shimma



Am I wrong? These colors are pretty much the same to me.  More similar than any of the others.


When swatches, Kitten (left) has a more pinkish color as opposed to Shimma Shimma which is more silvery.  But they are still so similar to me.  

Welp, those are some dupes from my most recent purchase.  I will definitely be buying more Makeup Geek shadows.  They are up to par with MAC, UD & Stila but much much cheaper.  If I find any more dupes I will give you an update.

What do you think of these dupes? Let me know! If you have tried Makeup Geek's products let me know what you think of them as well.  Have a great day!


SANDY

2 comments:

  1. I agree Shimma Shimma a close dupe for all those. I always wanted to purchase Kitten but for cheaper I went with Shimma Shimma.
    Great Blog!

    YouTube Beauty Blogger : Nola Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with Makeup Geek!
    I dumped MAC several years ago when they changed their animal-testing policy, and top-flight cruelty-free companies like MUG have *totally* filled the void!
    Stila is still cruelty-free, but they've discontinued most of their single eyeshadows.
    I've found that MUG Vintage is almost a dupe for the late great Stila Rain. Vintage is warmer, but it still flatters my green eyes like crazy.
    MUG Petal Pusher ≈ MAC Quarry, too.
    Next on my list: MUG Shimma Shimma.

    ReplyDelete