Friday, July 5, 2013

Welcome!

Hello everyone! So, welcome to my new blog! I really love makeup, nail polish, beauty, fashion ect.  I love learning new techniques, about new products, what's currently in style, to buy or not to buy and what works for different people.  

I have been a not so confident person for the majority of my life.  I was never the skinny or hot girl.  Not that I was fat but when all of your best friends weigh 110-120 pounds it sure makes you feel fat.  Oh, to have that body again! Please God, if you return that to me I will never complain about it again! :D 

As I've gotten older I've realized, you know what? Who cares what everyone else thinks? I am just going to be the person that I know I am love and whoever doesn't like me, well, that's fine.  

I grew up in a small "town" (if you can really call it that) in Alaska called Talkeetna.  It's an hour away from the nearest city and it's not exactly a place for someone that enjoys the stuff I do.  At least as far as makeup, shopping, fashion.  In Talkeetna, Jeans,  Carhartts and sweat pants are the fashion.  Oh, and don't forget the local business sweatshirts and Alaska Grown sweatshirts.  Now don't get me wrong! I do have all of the aforementioned.  Except the carhartts.  Never have been much of a fan of those.  At least for myself.  My mom was never the fashionable type either.  She'll wear her eyeliner and mascara and that's about it.  And tie dye.  Oh the tie dye.  WHY? 


So anyways, whenever I would go to school with makeup and my nails all done up, wearing something a little more dressy, I felt completely out of place.  I did not get made fun of in any way I just didn't feel right.  I just stuck with jeans and sweatshirts like everyone else.  


When I turned 22 I got a job on the North Slope in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska.  This is way up north where the oil field is.  I fly to work for 2 weeks and then I'm home for 2 weeks.  I met my fiance at work.  We have been together for 6 years this month actually and are getting married in October! He is such a great guy! We both live in Anchorage now which is the biggest city in Alaska.  We have a house and two awesome dogs! Since being with him I have learned to be myself and love what I love. So because of that, my passion for beauty has grown greatly and I am just a happier person in general.  I've learned a lot from other blogs and I'm hoping to find even people that are like me that want to share tips and tricks as well.   


I know this first blog entry is a little blah.  I just thought I'd give a little background info on myself so we can get to know each other.  I promise my next entry will be more interesting! 


Again, thanks for visiting my blog and I will talk to you soon!


Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment